Hypnosis is the uncritical acceptance of a suggestion and all hypnosis is about learning to go into trance, an altered state of relaxation where the subconscious mind is more active than conscious mind. In clinical hypnosis, clients are always aware of their actions and are done in a safe environment guided by professional ethics.
Hypnotherapy, hypnosis is a trance-like state where you have increased focus and concentration. I will help guide you here using verbal repetition and mental images. When you are under hypnosis, you will usually feel calm, relaxed and more open to suggestions. These suggestions are guided by your desired outcomes.
Hypnosis helps you gain control over undesirable behaviours and/or help you be able to deal better with pain or anxiety. At all times during your clinical hypnosis session you will be in control and safe.
Who benefits from Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a safe and effective method for coping with anxiety and stress. If you are dealing with a chronic illness or anxious about upcoming surgery hypnosis can help you deal with the situation better.
Numerous studies have shown Hypnosis to be an effective treatment for many conditions, including:
- Pain control. Hypnosis may help with pain due to burns, cancer, childbirth, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, temporomandibular joint problems, dental procedures and headaches.
- Hot flashes. Hypnosis may relieve symptoms of hot flashes associated with menopause.
- Behavior change. Hypnosis has been used with some success in the treatment of insomnia, bed-wetting, smoking, and overeating.
- Cancer treatment side effects. Hypnosis has been used to ease side effects related to chemotherapy or radiation treatment.
- Mental health conditions. Hypnosis may help treat symptoms of anxiety, phobias and post-traumatic stress.
As part of Orla’s training she can utilise NLP, Timeline Therapy, EMDR and Ego State Therapy within a session helping you create the transformations you desire.